This year started on a good note for me with my family trip to Sri Lanka and a Valentine’s week special trip to Goa. While I was busy roaming the streets of Goa, fellow travelers Pam and Katherine of Everywhere Forward nominated me for Sunshine Blogger Award.
Currently I have a full-time day job but one day aspire to make a transition into a full-time travel blogger. Because of this, it means a lot when someone recognize my efforts that I put into my blog. Thanks again to Pam and Katherine for nominating me! Make sure to check out their amazing blog for great travel tips and guides!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognized award in which new bloggers are recognized by fellow bloggers for their ability to inspire positivity, creativity and joy in the blogging community. Needless to say, I am thrilled and honored to receive this nomination and hope to pass this on to other aspiring bloggers.
Once you’re nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you have to follow four rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 questions for them to answer
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Logo on your website.
1. What destination is at the top of your bucket list right now?
Bhutan! I have been meaning to go to Bhutan – the land of the dragons in winter and trek all the way up to the Tiger’s nest.
2. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your travels?
The biggest lesson I have learned is that slow travel is the key to explore and soak in a place better than trying to squeeze everything within one week. Even though working in a corporate job means the number of holidays are limited for us, I still try to spend some time in one place to soak it all in before moving to the next.
3. Are you a full-time blogger? If, so what advice do you have for other full-time bloggers? If not, how do you balance work-blogger life?
I am not a full-time blogger but aspire to be one in future. I have a 9-6 day job that pays my bills and I try to dedicate 2 hours every night to try and write something. Its very important to develop a habit of regular writing for a non-writer. I won’t lie that its easy to maintain your dual identity – one of an engineer and another one of a travel blogger but if you love something, you need to work towards it.
4. Are you a traveling foodie, museum-lover, photographer, family travelers, or sight-seer? Or none of the above?!
I am photographer and family & couple traveler. I enjoy visiting offbeat places and capture them through my lenses.
5. What inspired you to become a travel blogger?
My first international trip to Mauritius inspired me to pen down my experiences and start a travel blog. Initially it was all about documenting my journeys, but gradually I want my blog to inspire others like me to travel the world, pursue what they love to do and never shy away from things they want to achieve.
6. Share your favorite travel photo and tell us why!
I love this photo of my family, taken at one of the view points near Ravana waterfalls in Sri Lanka. This is my favorite because this trip was my first international family trip and I am so glad that we did it.
I hardly get to see my parents as I stay in a different city because of my work and feel that I should spend more time with them. And trips are a great way to spend quality time with your family and exploring new places together.
7. Have you been to a destination that disappointed you? Why did it disappoint?
Till now what I can recall, I have never been disappointed in any place. All destination have unique things that you fall in love with.
8. Where is your favorite place to travel?
My favorite place to travel to, is my hometown – Kolkata, India. Apart from that, I want to travel to Paris someday.
9. Where are you traveling next?
I am planning to travel to Andaman & Nicobar islands or Kanyakumari next. Haven’t made any bookings, just in the initial phase of researching.
10. What is your favorite part about traveling?
My favorite part is the exploring. Be it on foot or on a hop-on-hop-off bus, I feel excited and thrilled to be in a new place.
11. Where was the first place you ever traveled to?
I don’t remember the first place I traveled to with my parents. But after starting my blog, I have traveled to a number of places out of which Goa is the most recent one. As I mentioned earlier, Mauritius is my first international destination and given a chance, I would visit it again. This time may be I’ll include Rodrigues and Seychelles.
Our Sunshine Blogger Award nominations are
- Christin from Christin Has Fernweh
- Erika from Trekafly tries to Blog
- Nadine fromThe Expat Mummy
- Gurvinder from Agapeless
- Francesca from Italy from Tip to Toe
- Naomi from Eat Love Explore
- Shelley from ShellWanders
- Rusha from Rumelepa
- Chandni from Wishful Wanderer
- Caroline from Lagom Adventures
- Erin from Cohlab-nyc
My Questions are
1. What is the inspiration/story behind your blog’s name?
2. Where would you go in an instant if you get a magic shoe? Why?
3. What is the craziest thing you did on a trip?
4. Why do you love traveling?
5. Whom do you like to travel with? Why?
6. What job should you get a chance to travel in will you choose?
7. Spring, summer, autumn, or winter?
8. What’s your airport outfit?
9. What are the must-have in your backpack?
10. Do you have any travel regrets?
11.What’s your favorite and least favorite part about travel blogging?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers to my questions and know you guys! Thank you so much Everywhere Forward, I really appreciate that you thought of my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award.